Sunday, February 12, 2012

1 Week Old

Jack,

My how you have managed to grow in just one short week. I've learned a lot about you so far and a lot about me and daddy! You HATE getting changed especially in the middle of the night after you have peed through your clothes! You love being snuggled close and doing the "daddy drop". You are a fan of the paci, and I am thankful for it when you are screaming. You are a great sleeper at night, so far - THANK YOU. You are a pretty good burper. I call them "man burps" already so I can't imagine what they will be like when you get older :) You are one strong baby. Everyone who has fed you, burped you, or changed you agrees. You also love your hands. AND you have already stolen mommy's and daddy's heart.

Daddy and I work well as a team. I have learned that even though we don't have a clue as to what we're doing, it works.  I love holding you close horizontally and daddy loves holding you close vertically. Daddy doesn't always feel confident in what to do or how to do it, but he just needs encouragement. I never remember to close the wipes. Daddy has a really hard time waking up in the middle of the night. Although it has only been a week, I feel like I've been your mommy forever.

I love you yesterday, today, and forever,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment