Monday, May 12, 2014

The Last Good Bye

Back in April, we all gathered together out at a lake to spread my dad's ashes. It was a beautiful time with the family, and we spent it just the way my dad would have wanted. I truly think dad was smiling down on us as we watched all the grandkids laugh and play constantly. It brings me pure joy to see these kids all together. They were the light in my dad's eyes. Saturday night, my brother, sister, and I, along with our spouses, spread his ashes and just remembered his life. It was a time I will forever remember.
 This was MY prized fish. I HATE fish, and as I was casting out, a fish decided to bite which scared the tar out of me. The moment I realized I had a fish, I screamed and ran which left Andy to reel it in. It was the biggest fish truly caught all weekend :) 
 This swing was a true highlight for the kids!
 Our Saturday night dinner.
 It doesn't get much better than this.
I love this family more than they know and so did Dad. Again, I am so thankful for that weekend and even more thankful that my Daddy is in Heaven and was able to be there somehow for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment